Your breast augmentation consultation will be the first step in making the decision to enhance your body. Since this is a very personal decision, Dr. Ramírez Gavidia and the staff at RG Plastic Surgery will provide a comforting environment, where all of your concerns and questions will be discussed. During your consultation, Dr. Ramírez Gavidia will go over the options you have for breast augmentation, including implant placement options, types of implants, incision locations, and size. At this appointment Dr. Ramírez Gavidia will explain other procedures that may be necessary for your cosmetic goals. For example, a breast augmentation is often paired with a breast lift to correct issues related to sagging. Dr. Ramirez Gavidia will be able to let you know if this combination of breast augmentation and lift is the right approach to renew the look of your breasts.
During your consultation, your medical history will be reviewed to ensure that you don’t have any health conditions that may increase your risk of complications from surgery. You will be asked about any family history of breast cancer and the result of any recent mammograms and biopsies.
What makes a Breast Augmentation at RG Plastic Surgery different?
Our commitment to the highest standards and practices sets RG Plastic Surgery apart. The safest breast augmentation process possible is always our goal. These proven methods have revolutionized breast augmentation.
1. Patient education is essential
– Patients having a good understanding of the entire process, from realistic expectations to recovery, implant options, limitations, short and long term consequences, complications, and re-operation possibilities.
2. Patient goals
-Communication of surgery motivations, desired final look, and impact of future pregnancies.
3. Thorough physical exam
-100% of women have breast asymmetry and this must be accounted for to attain superior results
– Chest wall asymmetry must also be observed
– The exam takes note of tissue quality, stretch marks, and essential breast measurements
4. Tissue-based preoperative planning
-Adhering to the physical template of your unique body measurements ensures a natural outcome and results in less tissue distortion, complications, and re-operation.
-Measurements and dimensions respect natural boundaries and determine optimal fill volume as well as an implant that “fits” the breast.
5. Refined, precise surgical techniques for quick recovery starts with Dr. Ramirez Gavidia, a qualified board certified plastic surgeon.
-Preoperative markings determine the incision placement
-Dr. Ramirez Gavidia most often uses an inframammary incision, because it offers the most control, ability to manipulate and set IMF, and statistically has the least amount of complications, trauma, and contamination.
6. Minimizing risks in the operating room
– Preparation of the surgical pocket and irrigation is an essential step utilizing antimicrobial and antibiotic preparations that lowers the risk of biofilms further lowering the rate of capsular contracture.
7. Use of Keller Funnel
-This cone-shaped device is made of nylon with a hydrophilic coating inside the funnel which becomes extremely slippery when submerged in a saline or sterile solution.
-It looks like a piping bag in design, but utilizing it creates easier insertion of silicone implants and allows for smaller incisions.
-Most importantly it leads to decreased contact with the “no-touch” delivery technique. The less contact with the sterile implant and use of the Keller Funnel results in an 87% lower rate of capsular contracture.
Utilizing the practices listed ensures the best patient experience and results in maintaining the safest outcomes.